High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 20 responses by whostolethebatmobile

Another thing I’d like to know - does the nanoflow work when painted on the outside insulation of wires (for example AC cables), or must it touch the metal to work? This is very important, to ascertain the potential benefits of nanoflo vs. Q45T.

Rick - I don’t have samples of nanodiamond or Stabilant 22. I was wondering if anyone else had tried it. I think there’s huge but unconfirmed potential.

ps - I am currently negotiating with a supplier for some sample quantities of various nanodiamond varieties. Purely for my own interest.

Has anyone ever tried mixing nanodiamonds in Stabilant 22? Pretty easy to make I imagine. Try googling Dinnovare, Daicel corporation Japan.

Deleted my post because on reflection, I’m not qualified to comment on the safety of Q45T. Personally I would not worry, is as far as I’ll go.

If you like what you’re hearing on the AC, try the multiple adapter with 6 x double adapters, pins lightly painted and plugged in to the strip (see my earlier post). No need to paint the pins of the multiple adapter, that way you don’t get any in the wall outlet.

Of course you can go further...all 6 double adapters have socket holes as well..just need to get a tiny amount of Q45T into those sockets, using an AC plug painted with a thin layer of Q45T. Coat it, plug it once and remove it.

ianb52 - it hardly matters which AC outlet you treat. Every outlet in the house will improve the sound noticeably. The ones closest to the stereo AC feed will obviously be the best, but not by a huge margin.

Just keep going with the AC outlets. It doesn’t stop. 2-3 feet wider today, 20 feet wider tomorrow. 

Use cheap multiple or double adapters to avoid contaminating the wall outlets. 

More potent would just mean more of the main (black) active ingredient mixed into the Stabilant 22. If you used more of this ingredient in a batch, it would indeed be more potent. The only downside is, the thicker the mixture gets, the more likely it would destroy the beneficial properties of the Stabilant 22 base. In other words, it would become conductive and possibly cause a short on data cables etc.

But for spade connectors etc., the thicker the better. The active ingredient works better the more you use. Literally, forever. Rick Schultz hints at this in one of his videos and he's right.

I forgot to mention another benefit of the multi-adapter power conditioner I described in the previous post. If you don’t paint the points of the multiple adapter (just do the double adapters), then you do not need to get any Q45T residue inside your ac wall outlets. And you still get 6 treated AC contacts, with surge protection if your multiple adapter is like mine. You can use as many of the units I described as you like, each additional one will improve the sound to the same extent as the first.

I’m sure it will work pretty well with standard Q45T. There are ways of making it much more powerful. Although I haven’t used Q45T I know it’s not as powerful as it could be, because if it was, it wouldn’t be black.

Yes, very interesting. How could that be? A lot of audio manufacturers read Audiogon, I believe. Please feel free to draw the obvious conclusion.

I have 10 kilos of it, which I use for my own experiments. 

I know what the main active ingredient is. I published it in a post on Audiogon a couple of years ago. It's non-toxic. 

Thanks for the info theaudiotweak. If it's black and slightly grainy or lumpy, then it's going to be the same stuff, perhaps with slightly different additives. Would you care to confirm? I'm very happy that this is finally getting out, but in my opinion it should be $60 not $600. Based on the tiny cost (and relative ease) of manufacture.

If it's not black and grainy, I would love to know more.

It will be interesting to hear a comparison between the "new kid" and the NPS Q45T product. I have not tried either, but I know what to expect from the NPS. The thing about the NPS (if it’s what I think it is)...it’s not just a contact enhancer. For example, you can apply it to the pins of a double adapter, plug it into a nearby wall outlet, and there will be significant improvement to the audio, even though there’s nothing plugged into the double adapter.

The active ingredient used in Q45T is so far ahead of Total Contact (graphene+silver+oil) , it's ridiculous. Not to say you can't dope it with graphene (and other substances) to further improve the audio quality.

Rixthetrick - NPS-Q45T is the name of the High Fidelity Cables contact enhancer which replaces the NPS-1260. 

Please be aware Q45T is perhaps not best used as a contact enhancer on your expensive cables. You don’t even necessarily need to use it on the stereo. Just use it on the pins of a bunch of cheap double/multiple adapters, plugged into various wall sockets around the house. Just a very thin coat on the ac and earth pins. The best option is a multiple adapter strip, with all the outlets filled with dummy adapters (each treated with Q45T). No current needs to flow (but if there’s a switch it must be on).

(I'm assuming Q45T is what I think it is. I don't have any Q45T to check. But if it is black, oily and slightly gritty, then it is probably what I think. To be sure, rub a droplet between two fingers. If the grains start to disappear after about 30 seconds of rubbing, then it's what I think it is.)

If the new product is purely and only a contact enhancer, I find it difficult to believe it could compete with Q45T (I’m assuming and I’m almost certain Q45T contains a particular ingredient). The Q45T ingredient is the holy grail, beyond belief, unassailable.

Disclaimer - I haven’t heard either of the two products yet.

You are so right Tom. The future for expensive power conditioning products looks very shaky to me. I'm sure manufacturers will find some way to adapt?

Great to hear middlemass. It does give me some pleasure, since I discovered the the active ingredient that gives the incredible improvement you’re hearing, in 2019. I didn’t invent the ingredient, I just discovered its benefit for audio.

I highly recommend you (or any members who have Q45T) should create one of these. All the double adapter pins should be painted with the black potion (both sides of the top one third of each pin is all that’s necessary). I made this today for a total cost of $22, from components bought at the supermarket (in Australia where I live). It improves the sound far more than my $12,000 power conditioner (brand name withheld so as not to unduly embarrass any manufacturer). You can plug low power audio devices into it, but I just leave it as is, with nothing plugged in. The benefit is, you’re not painting your expensive audio gear with the Q45T, but you’re getting incredible benefit for very low cost. And you can remove it any time you like, to compare with or without. And it’s portable.

Tom - From the Daicel website

"Insulators such as plastics and rubber could be turned into electrical conductors by dispersing nanodiamonds into them. (Tunnel effect)"

If you read the website you’ll notice that each nanodiamond has an exterior coating of amorphous carbon (with unique electrical properties).

agisthos -

Unfortunately the site is down, but I remember reading that NPS-1260 used a Stabilant 22 base in Rick's own words. I would be a lot happier if I could give you a link, but that's not possible with the site down.