High Fidelity Cable replaces NPS 1260

The product is going to be called NPS Q45T. Not out yet, but on their Facebook page.

68pete

Showing 3 responses by benjie

I need some help !    

I have a pair of Ultimate Reference speaker cables and one of the cables stopped working, no sound coming from the right channel. Before people ask, yes I did switch out the cables with an old pair of cables that I had laying around and the speakers and channel work just fine. It is the cable that is bad. I checked the cable with a multimeter and the negative side of the speaker cable is bad.

Now for the big question, who can I send the cable to for repair?

@jayctoy ​​@68pete

Yes the cables are directional. My concern is that the cables have been connected for a few years to these speakers. There are no small children or pets that may have stepped on the cables or pulled on them. The cables just lay on the floor and now stop working. I removed and inspected the cables and found no visible sign of damage. i checked the cables with my Fluke meter for continuity. Rick told me about 5 years ago how to check and what the reading range should be. Three of the speakers cables test at 1.6, 1.5, 1.7 and 70 to 150, the meter is all over the place with that one wire. So I know that is the problem.

As for checking to see if there is a loose connection or wire it is not possible. The end where the spade is connected is epoxy and the end where the wire comes into the connector looks to be pressed fitted. Everything is tight. The end where the wire connects to the magnet tube is sealed tight. Nothing appears loose or broken.

A few years ago I had a similar problem with an rca cable. It was a UR Helix cable that stopped working. This is when I found out from Rick on how to check the cable and what the reading range should be. A reading over 5.0, there is a problem with the cable. I asked Rick what could go wrong since the cable just lays on the floor and nobody touches it. He never really gave me an answer at the time and just told me to send the cable in for repair. The cable was repaired ( no charge ) and everything has worked fine ever since. Never did find out what they found was wrong with the cable.

So for the moment I have some very expensive paperweights. It seems that there are not any options for repair at this time. Just a thought, all you guys pulling cables off to apply Q45T, I would be very careful not to stress the cable ends when removing or installing. You might be in the same situation that I am, a cable that stops working and no place to send it for repair.