High End Audio Equipment, Status Symbol?

I was reading some other forums, about why High end audio is or is not a status symbol. I prefer it not to be or we would be having systems like the one below.

Saleen P-675 Pre-Amp
Saleen A-6500 7 Channel Amplifier
Rolex Venom Type 4 Interconnects
Rolex Diamondback Speaker Cable
Lexus FRS-9000 Electrostatic Loudspeakers
Lexus SS8 Surround Speakers
Lexus CP-8 Center channel
Dachati VVX-9 CD Transport
Aston Martin V-9 DVD/DVD-A/SACD/MP3/CDR/CDRD
Bentley 75' MX-1 Plasma UHDTV (Ultra High Def Tv)
Lockheed Martin DBS-50, 5000w 24in Depthcharge Subwoofer
Audi MS-2004 Master Remote Control System
Northrup Grummann PSS9000 Stage 10 Power Filter/conditioner
audiophanatik
I'd like to see a Celebrity Death Match between the Lockheed Martin sub and the Northrop Grumman power filter. Martin would "go down low", searching the open seas for its target. The Grumman piece would have "regulated voltage," using a slow, steady attack to wear Lockheed down. Could be an interesting episode of "Audiophile BattleBots," as well.
Audiobugged
Tell ya what, i want the Mercedes SL-600 V12 Kompressor Monitors, I will trade you a Nautica PF-900 power supply and throw in a Tommy Hillfiger SACD Transport. Whaddya say?
Tag Mclaren currently produce high end in the UK. Yes its the same company that makes race cars and that megga buck three seater sports car. I think Paul Mcartney has one. They make some super esoteric stuff, ought to fill the bill.
when I played tennis at I club I was most impressed by the guy who showed up in cut-off jeans and a wooden racket with a broken string, and proceeded to whip everyone in spite of their prestigious high tech equipment.