HiFiMAN HM-602 Portable music player

Anyone have any experience with this? I'm wondering if it'll sound good enough to warrant the $440 price tag. Just paying for portability? I've already got iPods out the wazoo. Still considering the new Burson HA-160D. Its a far cry from this little player, I know, but would the sound quality out of the HiFiMAN be enough to warrant the ousting of the ipod and headphone amp? I'm thinking no. But if someone has used it before I'd like to hear your comments. Thanks
tiggerfc

Showing 3 responses by tiggerfc

Cwlodon,

The alphabetical file storage is a real deal breaker for me. I had a small issue with that with my Sonos player until I got it right but before that I just couldn't take it. I think I'll just get an iCube V2. Not like I'm ever on the move when I'm doing any kind of serious listening and in that case I can still use my iPod.
LOL! You hit that one right on the nail. Good call. I can't argue with any of that. And I won't.

I was looking to the iCube a little more as of late and decided it really isn't worth the $700. I think one might be paying for the portability factor. Nothing else. And since I made the argument that I don't do serious listening while on the move I might as well just get a nice tube headphone amp and call it a day. Hell, even the Furutech GT40 is looking pretty decent.

But just wait, I'll be asking about small portable headphone amps again in six months when the mood strikes to buy something I don't need. :)