Hidden Gems in Classic Rock Albums

Please share songs you love that get overlooked on classic albums that most consider among the best ever--for example, those that regularly appear on the Rolling Stone top 100 list. Last weekend I played "Hotel California" all the way through and was really digging "Try and Love Again". Can't get it out of my head. Oddly, a Randy Meisner tune with great bass guitar and unique bass drum work by Don Henley--pumping it twice rather than once not sure why. There is some really great stabbing guitar lines, awesome rhythm guitar licks and a nice lead guitar. As always, great harmony vocals to boot. A really great song that seems to fly under the radar because it is on an LP that has so many "hits" and really great songs. 

Share yours!

dodgealum

(this is a bit off topic but) I am listening to one of the many seventies rock albums that is a total gem beginning-to-end and never got the attention it should - and where not just a song or two flies under the radar:

Lone Star - same (1976)

Give it a listen if you enjoy classic rock!

Heart ’Down on Me’ off the Bebe le Strange album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7-ECr1VRGY

Ursa Major. S/t

’72

can be had for Pennie’s, is very overlooked record!

it’s great!

Love this thread and thanks to whom ever posted about Bowie's "Cracked Actor".

Forgot how much I loved that song. There is an internet radio station called Desert Underground that plays obscure classic rock and came across a Tom Petty song worth mentioning. "Running Mans Bible".

All of these "Classic Rock’ albums could be considered Top 100 entries. I selected one album from each year of the 1970’s since IMO that defines "Classic Rock". Yes, all of these albums make my personal Top 100 list, FWIW I selected 3 albums from 1971 which I consider the strongest year of the 1970’s. I also avoided(tried?) any song that was released as a 45rpm single to make sure these were "deep" tracks.

1970-Grateful Dead-American Beauty-Attics Of My Life

1971-Alice Cooper-Love It To Death-Black Juju

Don Mclean-American Pie-The Grave

The Who-Who’s Next-My Wife

1972-Steely Dan-Can’t Buy A Thrill-Midnite Cruiser

1973-Montrose-ST-Make It Last

1974-Kiss-ST-Black Diamond

1975-Fleetwood Mac-ST-Crystal

1976-Bob Seger-Night Moves-Sunburst

1977-Heart-Little Queen-Love Alive

1978-Van Halen-ST-Atomic Punk

1979-The Knack-Get The Knack-Lucinda