Hey RICH Audiophiles

Why don't one of you incredibly wealthy audiophiles whose systems I drool over every day start an Audiophile Rental business?
 Imagine how easy to simply rent a set of speakers or amp for a nominal fee so us POOR enthusiasts could demo it in our own home/system without restocking fees or massive depreciation when reselling..No more sitting in traffic,wasting gas & polluting the environment running from dealer to dealer only to be greeting by horrible listening conditions that give you ABSOLUTELY no idea how a piece of gear will actually sound in your own listening room...
freediver
the affordable low end has never sounded better....

get a rega a denon Or ortofon a nice sprout or nad or Rogue, a bluesound streamer and a pair of Maggies or Vandersteen, buy some concert tickets and a case of wine at Costco and a used Boxster...

James Dean did not live ( or die ) as well.

rich is always relative

signing out...
I think a system costing hundreds of thousands of dollars can still sound great. Also, I'd rather mention how relatively inexpensive my fabulous sounding system is as that makes me seem real smart. Win win.
To be rich is to enjoy and appreciate what you have.  I live way below my means and seek out activities and items that are of value to me.  One of my cars is a Mazdaspeed MX-5 which is basically a Miata on factory steroids.  It's not nearly as fast as an exotic car but on curvy public roads I'd rate it 90% as fun to drive.  The insurance and maintenance costs are low and I don't worry about where I'm going to park it whenever I go anywhere.  I could boost the performance big time with aftermarket modifications but often that results in reliability issues.  There are modders who can tweak my Oppo UDP-205 but I don't want to trade a minor improvement for a potential future catastrophic failure.  I don't concern myself that there is something better out there, I just smile and enjoy what I have - and share the fun with friends and family.
wolf_garcia4,528 posts01-26-2019 3:04amI think a system costing hundreds of thousands of dollars can still sound great.

>>>>>Maybe. It might also sound like horse manure. You certainly can’t tell by just looking at it. Camel, eye of needle.
News flash: The ever re-posting Kaitty has lost his ability to detect irony. I suggest that he request that the orderlies put him closer to a window for some air, and remove the dromedary based children's books from his reach. He can thank me later.