Here’s my $1750…just tell me what to buy..

my old adcom gfa 555II died. I’m still using my old B&W 804 Matrix and I think I just fixed my old Lexicon DC-1, so….

someone just tell me what to do….my ADD is breaking up my marriage, as Ive been at dozens of sites, read hundreds of posts, which are just confusing me..

I’d like to buy a 5 channel amp as my rear speakers are CDM-1 from B&W ( yeah, theyre old too!)

I spend all day in the Operating Room, doing surgery, and I’d love to have someone else make a decision for me for a change..

thanks
bonesnjnts
Marantz multichannel amps have sounded good to me, certainly better than the Adcom, and good support. Rotel and NAD are both contenders as well. Check Audio Advisor as they are running specials. Magnolia carries Maramtz and they have a good AV preamp AV7005 if you do multichannel. Versatile as you can watch concerts or movies, good WAF.
Marantz may not be the Stryker or Zimmer in your field, but not far away and closer than the price would indicate.
O the sweet smell of cautery......Jallen
As a Doc my self (not a surgeon) I am kinda surprised that an orthopedic surgeon wouldn't have more money than that to spend on an HT amp. Given his/her predictable income then whatever costs a lot in HT (I don't follow HT so don't know) is what you should recommend. The Krell multi channel amp and pre/pro or does McIntosh make one, that's the kind of income were talking about. It would be a very quiet morning indeed that didn't yied multiples of $1750.
Sorry about exposing you bonesnjnts.
we all have to decide how we spend our money…no need to apologize…i just dont need the very best in audiovideo stuff…the fun is in the chase…

and i have 6 kids….

:)
I recommend the Pioneer Elite receivers. The SC series, with the class D3 amps sound fantastic, and have gobs of power. Plus they have Airplay built-in. Kids will live that! I'm very happy with mine. You can buy them new in box on eBay for $1,500 or less. Get the best one you can afford, and it will last for a decade.

Enjoy,
mot
10-10-12: Bonesnjnts
and i have 6 kids….

If you'd like, I can explain to you what causes that !!!!!