Help with Wadia 9 and 270 upgrade

Hello,

I own both the Wadia 9 classic and a Wadia 270. I had both devices recapped. The 9 with some minor tweaks. HF decoupling and PIO caps on the PSU

I'm curious about the GNSC upgrades of old. I read somewhere about Bybee music rails being implented, are there other things my tech can do? I know I can get an external PSU for the transport. With a separate digital PSU.

I want to squeeze everything out of both devices.
128x128jouri_knegt

Showing 2 responses by jouri_knegt

Hi Steve, thanks for your advice.

The Wadia’s are connected with a nameless power cord into a toroid ISB 060 (I have the 100 upstairs for a very near future switch). The nameless cord just works, it sparkles. I tried several. The ISB 060 cleans the main line from crap. Also I can keep the Wadia in 120v.

They’re connected via a lifatec glass and a lifatec hybrid toslink/glass and Oyaide RCA cables. I will change the latter to a DMN V3 RCA which resides in my tuner. The 9 is standing in a Spectral La Scala cabinet with glass shelves. I’ve got young children, so better save then sorry. The CD transport is on a finite elements Spider rack with rubber grommets beneath and is completely lv. Huge difference.

The 9 was standing naked without spikes or anything in the cabinet. I had some aluminum spikes laying around with rubber o rings as cushions and put those beneath the Wadia just now. Heard 1 track. Completely different sound....... for the better. I was scratching my head in amazement.