Help with room treatment?

I know my set up is very modest compared to some on here but I am just getting into this over the last 4 or 5 months. I built a room specifically for listening and once completed my system has sounded so much worse. Bass is worse, highs are worse. I understand it is a fairly empty room right now. After addressing first reflection points will it get any better?
Or should I return to my living room?
Rega P1
Cambridge audio Azur 740a
Cambridge audio cp1
Dali Oberon 5’s

Room is 12.5 ft by 16.5 ft

Also not sure how to add a picture otherwise I would show you

128x128kevdubbya
Thanks a ton for the input, everyone.
The lps will be in a record holder soon, waiting for it to be completed. Waiting for 2 inch foam acoustic panels to come in for side walls and front wall. 
I will try moving the chairs slightly closer. As well as making one centered and the other offset.
90 percent of the time I'm a lone ranger anyway.
Thanks again.
You will definitely need to experiment with room treatments.Get a few sheets of the 703 insulation and move them around and even double them up.Upload some pictures to GIK acoustics and take advantage of their free consultation.You aren't obligated to purchase anything.
I'd imagine the rug is synthetic. But it does have a very nice under pad below it. And wall to wall wasnt an option, so I figured it would be better than the full out laminate lol
Don't forget about the "free" room treatments.  I recently further experimented with speaker placement and was amazed by the sonic improvement from moving them further out from the rear wall. 
Empty room??  wrong....   I have a very large room with 18 ft. ceilings.  I've been working with trying this and that....speaker placement, furniture, rugs/no rugs, pictures on walls, etc...  sometimes it sounds better, sometimes not....I keep the good and continue listening. Very hard to get it right.  I remember an Alpha Duetta sports car I had with 2 2bl carbs.....similar.