Help with Cartridge choice

Fellow audiophiles, my first time posting here and I will appreciate your help in choosing the right cartridge as part of my broader journey to put together an end game system. My upgrade path may not be very logical because it is opportunistic.

I use an old Pro-Ject Perspective turntable from early 2000s with the 9" aluminium arm (not the carbon one). I will make a significant upgrade in next couple of years but thats what i have for now.

I recently bought a Zesto Andros II phono stage to match my Zesto Leto 1.2 pre.

For now I am trying to upgrade from my Ortofon Bronze (MM) cartridge to something finer. Based on my research I am considering Hana ML ($1200). I have to stay below $1500. I have never used a MC or LOMC and not very analog savvy, and will appreciate any and all recommendations. 

Thank you!

musicmatters1206

Thank you all for your suggestions. Unfortunately for the older tonearm i cannot find the effective mass. I will ask Sumiko who might have this information. I will say that this tonearm design is bad - very easily gets off VTA.

Perhaps I am trying to buy a good cartridge hoping that it can switch over to the new TT, but advice here seems to be to solve for now - in which case maybe i will do nothing at all until i am able to purchase the TT (looking at Origin Live Resolution with Illustrious Arm or Sparta 0.5).

Then again i could buy an AT cartridge for some immediate sonic benefits and trade up when new TT comes along.

Any additional perspectives welcome, and thanks to all who have contributed thus far.

@musicmatters1206 

I'm not familiar with the Sparta. But I am familiar with the Origin live, especially the Illustrious arm. I put the Illustrious arm on my Teres as a "temporary" arm. That was 12-14 yrs ago. I just upgraded to a TriPlanar Vll.. Yes, the TP is an upgrade. But the OL Illustrious  showed me  why I had kept it so long. It is a fine tonearm.. Best to you

Buy a Denon and have get wood body for it.  As close to the Gold Bug for $300 as you will get.

Happy Listening.

+1 for the Art.

I have the ART9xa as well as the Hana Umami Red. While their price points are significant the AT is a beautiful sounding cart.