Help! My system is very bright it hurts my ear

Anyone..help...Here is my system listed...I'm new to audio...cd is raysonic 128 with 2 amperex gold pin 2 EH (6922)...golden audio se40 with 6 of JJ 6l6gc..Macintosh c40 pre.amp..new Aragon 8008...n pair with quad 22l2..here is the hook up, I hook up golden audio to high n mid and hook up Aragon for base...I have tried different speaker like Gallo 3.1 n monitor s8i but still too bright..is just too bright...any help please?????  Oh..forgot the system is in living room with 20' ceiling, could it be acoustic issue or pair issue, tube, amp, speaker....help please?????
fatgosil
Unfortunately, most of the advice you've received is idiotic. You need to start with the basics. Show us the frequency response of your system!!! Get a CD that has a pink noise track on it. (i.e. Stereophile test CD). Got an iPhone? Get the app called "analyzer" for $14 bucks. Then show us what your system response looks like at the listening position in response  to pink noise. It's just stupid to recommend a solution to your problem without making the correct diagnosis. A frequency response is the first place to start. 
I'll vote w/ugamotz...quantify the problem first, Then apply solutions.  Some of the previous suggestions will be potentially applicable, But a little practical knowledge up front will minimize chasing 'audio gremlins' of a more subtle nature...begin at the beginning...*S*

Oregonpapa might be right... have your ears checked first.
Second step would be: find all the blankets, towels etc. you can find and cover every hard reflective surface in your listening room to see how much your room interacts unfavourably with your set.
Good luck!

It's the Quads.   Several reviews I read said they were bright...here's one from Techradar..."At the same time, though, there's no denying this speaker also has a brightness that's rather less welcome. Expensive models with advanced tweeters and costly crossover components often get away with this, but the 22L2 isn't one of these, and while the treble provides plenty of fine detail, it also sounds rather insistent."