Help deciding on REL 328 -- size vis a vis rooms? Match w/ speakers? Buy or wait?

I have the chance to buy a nice Rel 328 sub, used, for a good price. I'm trying to determine if the sub will be too large for the 2 possible rooms/speakers or if it might be dialed in. Main use: music listening.

There are 2 ROOMS in which the sub could be used:
SMALL — about 150 sq ft., 7.5 ft. ceilings.
MEDIUM — about 460 sq ft. 7.5 ft ceilings

There are 2 sets of SPEAKERS with which the sub could be paired (I'm still deciding this too):
1. Salk Wow1 speakers (48Hz - 20kHz) http://www.salksound.com/model.php?model=WOW1
OR
2. Dynaudio Evoke 10 (47Hz–23kHz) https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/evoke/evoke-10

Additional tidbit: REL recommends (with their "speaker pairing tool"): The T7i (new). They no longer list the older 328. 

Here is the REL comparison:
T7i 8 inch driver —— vs. REL328's 10 inch
T7i 10 inch radiator —— vs. REL328's 12 inch
T7i A/B amplifier —— vs. REL328's D-class
T7i is 12 x 14.3 x 15 inches WHD vs. REL328's 13.5 x 15.1 x 15.2 WHD

Perhaps I should wait? That is, should just wait until my satellite speaker choice is done to audition subs with it? If so, that would mean I need to let this bargain slip by. Any thoughts about that?

Thank you for your time and advice.

128x128hilde45

Showing 5 responses by hilde45

Thanks for the advice. The Rel I'm looking at is pricy enough to get two lesser (but still good) subs, so now I'm a bit conflicted, but I don't think I have an amp which can connect them both -- just one "B" channel with a left and a right. I don't know how the wiring would even work.
That’s good advice. I’ve gone ahead and purchased the Rel sub. Would I now be committed to buying another identical sub (in brand and/or size) or could I bring a less pricy model on board?
Thanks for the confirmation of my choice and for the advice. I'm saving this thread for future reference. Much appreciated!
Just an update: I picked up the REL 328 today and hooked it in with my Adcom stuff and my little Pinnacle PN5+ speakers. (I’ve got the little Audioengine D1 with a Jitterbug in the USB slot of my Macbook.) They seem like new speakers! (Listening to Abercrombie/Johnson/Erskine play "Alice in Wonderland" on the Current Events album from ECM via Spotify.)

And soon, Salk willing, I’ll have my WOW1’s to replace them and then, well, I may not leave my office ever again!

My next challenge in upgrading will be to figure out how to improve my source -- get hooked into high rez audio, rather than my extended MP3 collection and then perhaps get modernized amplification (though my Adcoms are sounding quite good).