Hello, I may have a chance to go to

Japan with my boyfriend. He is being sent there on business and I am going to look at cd players while I am there (if I go). Japan and the US have different voltage requirements, does a voltage converter work well? Does it change the sound? If they do work, will they work permanently? My boyfriend is about as clueless as I am, so we're both wondeering if it would be worth buying a cd player over there. I am mainly interested in Accuphase, they are so expensive over here that I may be able to find one over there but what good would it do me if I can't play it? Thank you all.
smw30yahoocom

Showing 3 responses by ig316b

Sandra
I see your still in search of a CD player. Did you ever get an opportunity to listen to the Denon DCD-A100? I'm considering purchasing one and would like your thoughts on it. I have the DVD-3800 and it sounds really good with Blu-ray music so I was hoping the DCD-A100 might be as good with SACD. The digital input is a plus for hooking a music server to.
Sandra
Thanks for the input, I was mostly looking at the Denon for the SACD part. I have a very good CD player (McCormack DAC-1 Ultra) that pretty much gives up nothing to hi-rez, about the only thing I've heard better is my Denon Blu-ray spinning Blu-ray music and thats only slightly. But I have quite a few SACD so I was thinking this would fit the bill to fill that void and with the spdif input connect my computer to it for my DVD-A and download collection. Plus with the deal that Music Direct has on this right now it make it hard to pass up.
Again Thanks for the info.
Went ahead and picked one of these up from Music Direct and have it burning in now. You are correct its a very nice looking player, solidly built. I thought the 100th Anniversary paint scheme would look bad with the sparkles in it but you have to look close to see them so it adds a nice touch. Decided to take the plunge on this player after reading several other post people have made else where, plus the fact that I like the way my Denon DVD-3800BDci sounded with Blu-Ray music so figured it would sound close if not better. Will keep you posted on how it sounds as it breaks in.