Hegel Mohican vs. Bryston BCD-3

If anyone were looking for a single-box CD-player that qualified as a get-off-the-roundabout component, it seems to me that these two models would be high on their shortlist.  So my question is:

Has anybody been able to hear these two models side by side?

128x128twoleftears

Showing 3 responses by mahler123

There are billions of CDs in circulation and people are still going to be playing them.  I do think it’s true that the younger generations are much less interested in CD replay than people in my demographic are (60 in a few weeks).  My adult children and my coworkers in that age group use their phones as music sources. They may own a Blu Ray player but are happy using the TV speakers.  The ones that may want something better use Bluetooth speakers and sound bars.
  So I don’t blame enterprising dealers like @audiotroy for frequenting forums and trying to drum up business.  It isn’t just CD players that are endangered, it’s the whole hobby.  I can’t see millennials shelling out several thousand dollars for high end streamers when a cell phone or tablet or a PC will suffice 
@twoleftears 
no experience with the Mohican.
I do have the Bryston DAC-3 which I have read sounds quite a bit like the Bryston CDP.  It is a middle of the auditorium type sound, detailed without being overly clinical.  Decent soundstage depth and width without being holographic