Hegel H190 -How to turn it on when TV/Receiver turns on?

I have a Yamaha RX-A2A with Preouts to analog input of the Hegel H190 which powers the main speakers (the receiver powers the surrounds and center).

It’s nice that the Hegel powers down automatically after 15 minutes of no input but....

It does not turn back on when signal resumes. So if I pause a movie for 15 minutes I have to physically go power up the amp again (in another room).

Also I’d like to just have it come on when I power up the receiver. Anyone have any ideas?

One half solution would be to keep the Hegel remote in the listening room and just use it to turn on the amp. But I can’t figure out where the IR sensor is to add it to my IR repeater which needs to be stuck to the amp’s IR receiver..

moverton99

Add: I found the IR receiver.  It's in the display int he upper left (at least putting the IR transmitter there works).

First and just to follow up, how’s the new equipment and setup working out?  Any notable improvements or maybe things are still breaking in?

Any halfway decent programmable universal remote should be able to power on/power off all your equipment with the push of one button and needn’t cost much, and I’d have to think the Hegel has an option somewhere to keep the unit powered on as many audiophiles (like me) prefer to just leave their electronics on 24/7.  Just some thoughts FWIW.

So, I haven’t posted an update on that other thread yet because I’m still getting things set up :-). I did get the Totem Winds . Music sounds great. Surround sounds good too. I haven’t really adjusted things properly yet. One problem is that the Yamaha microphone thingy only has about 15 feet of wire. My receiver is in the other room so I can’t reach to the listening position.

On the auto-on problem, I was hoping to just keep using my firestick remote for all tv/movie stuff. It turns on the yamaha and TV fine. Trying to keep TV simple for the family.  I would think Hegel would have a trigger to turn it on but I don’t see anything in the manuals. I may just leave it on all the time by turning the standby feature off.