Hegel H120 a good pairing with Heritage Cornwalls?

I am hoping …as my Hegel is “in the mail”, that this matchup is complimentary. I’ve listened to many talk about exceptional bass, revealing midrange, and smoother top treble with the H 120… I know it will be a bit overdone with 102 db sensitivity Klipsch but since Hegel separates the two gains, I’m hopeful for big headroom and future possible larger listening room.(Right now, I have a 7’ triangle).
Is there another associate that can add perspectives?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmoose89

So far BASS on my Cornwalls is dominant and boomy. I have treated the room and will try again… if it doesn’t work putting up sound diffusers and bass absorbing, I’ll put it out there to sell. It could be: too much power for 102db speakers. The NAD C136BEE works great, which is the Summer replacing amp for the heating 300B tube amp.

So far BASS on my Cornwalls is dominant and boomy. I have treated the room and will try again

How many hours do you have on the amp?  Might need some more hours to settle in and I wouldn’t make any firm conclusions until 200 hours or so.  Even still, this is surprising because Hegel amps are noted for their relatively high damping factor so this is a bit strange.  How close are your speakers from the wall, and have you tried pulling them out a bit?  Just some thoughts FWIW.

@soix yes maybe. But having the Blusound Node X, it will be expendable. I’m currently amping with a Flea Audio and receiving the best SS overall performance I think will suffice. Huge airy balanced sound with larger soundstage than tube.