Hegel H120 a good pairing with Heritage Cornwalls?

I am hoping …as my Hegel is “in the mail”, that this matchup is complimentary. I’ve listened to many talk about exceptional bass, revealing midrange, and smoother top treble with the H 120… I know it will be a bit overdone with 102 db sensitivity Klipsch but since Hegel separates the two gains, I’m hopeful for big headroom and future possible larger listening room.(Right now, I have a 7’ triangle).
Is there another associate that can add perspectives?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xmoose89

Showing 4 responses by moose89

Thank you guys so much because that’s what I needed to hear! I have one of the best 300 B SET amps, and the Inspire by Dennis Had. However, in the hot months here in the Nashville area, I need a solid-state amp that I can sInk into  the summer months are just too hot for a tube amplifier in my listening room. I think the Hegel will do the trick for the reasons stated by you both. I will only need 20% of available power, but I want to feel those subwoofers that are 15 inches and I heard the Hegel 120 has a smooth high end, which will be great… WARM is great to hear. Thanks!

So far BASS on my Cornwalls is dominant and boomy. I have treated the room and will try again… if it doesn’t work putting up sound diffusers and bass absorbing, I’ll put it out there to sell. It could be: too much power for 102db speakers. The NAD C136BEE works great, which is the Summer replacing amp for the heating 300B tube amp.

@soix yes maybe. But having the Blusound Node X, it will be expendable. I’m currently amping with a Flea Audio and receiving the best SS overall performance I think will suffice. Huge airy balanced sound with larger soundstage than tube.