Heard the $325000 Acapella's Sphaeron excaliburs?

I doubt many of us can afford them, but may be you have heard at the Show or something. How is the horn sound?
nilthepill
Okay-Everyone that had a negative response: How many of your friends think YOUR totally out of your mind for having the equipment you do? Go tell the average guy walking down the street your speaker cables retail for 1500.00 or your amp/speakers cost you 10K. Why such a reaction to speakers for 325K,when there is routine discussion about gear that costs 20/30/40K. I'll bet alot of people on this forum have systems worth AT LEAST half of their yearly income. Well the guy making 5 Million(or more)might like quality gear too. Just remember-the guy who buys these speakers already has a Ferrari,and a yacht,and a vacation home,and anything else he wants. So before you laugh at him take a look at your own addiction/obsessions.
I don't understand why people like horns. Is their memory of the good old days distorted? Horns are good for loud and cheap. I don't even understand the argument that the best amps were single ended but the only thing they will drive is horns. That’s like wanting a bridge so you dig a river.
The last CES I was at I heard a reviewer saying how good horns image. The whole goal of a horn is not to image. That’s why it is a compression driver. You are choking the dispersion so the sound is projected. If it imaged, you couldn't hear anything 30 rows back.
I would love to go to a huge concert and hear 2000 silk dome tweeters driven by 780,000,000 watts of class A power that has to float on air bearings so they won't break.
That's why there are horns. No rock group can afford a 13 trillion $ sound system that broke every other week.
Krelldog,

You have a point there, but there is also the question of justificaion of such a high cost.

I challange anyone to show that these are more expencive to build than a ferarri, that thier R&D costs outpriced the R&D of a ferarri, and the materials cost more than whats in a ferarri.

Yeah, they are expencive as hell. Good for them. Now. Justify the price. A ferarri's price is easily justified.
Yep - a Ferrari F430, even at 200K is MUCH more easily justifed than a box and drivers (any box and any drivers).

Someone above mentioned a house they saw at $X amount which sold. I'll never argue that real estate pricing right now isn't overblown, but show me a speaker that comes with a plot of land? Last I checked, they aren't making anymore land...but "they"'ll make as many speakers as you'll buy.....
Lots of useless responses. Just because you and I cannot afford such speakers does not make them overpriced or worthless. I have not heard the top-of-the-line Acapellas, but some I respect have very kind things to say about them. I have always found that the tweeter on Acapellas always stands out in its excellence with Acapella speakers, perhaps the rest of the system in the best Acapellas keeps up with the plasma tweeters. I settled for the LaCampanellas without the plasma tweeter because at least the sound was integrated without the tweeter standing out. I wish they were substantially more efficient as I have never heard a 100 watt or above amp that I thought was worth a damn.