Heard the $325000 Acapella's Sphaeron excaliburs?

I doubt many of us can afford them, but may be you have heard at the Show or something. How is the horn sound?
nilthepill

Showing 3 responses by duane

I don't understand why people like horns. Is their memory of the good old days distorted? Horns are good for loud and cheap. I don't even understand the argument that the best amps were single ended but the only thing they will drive is horns. That’s like wanting a bridge so you dig a river.
The last CES I was at I heard a reviewer saying how good horns image. The whole goal of a horn is not to image. That’s why it is a compression driver. You are choking the dispersion so the sound is projected. If it imaged, you couldn't hear anything 30 rows back.
I would love to go to a huge concert and hear 2000 silk dome tweeters driven by 780,000,000 watts of class A power that has to float on air bearings so they won't break.
That's why there are horns. No rock group can afford a 13 trillion $ sound system that broke every other week.
To the teacher's post above me. The problem with giving money to help people is that it doesn't help them. It makes them more dependant. If you want to help people, spend money on stuff from companies that will need to hire workers to supply you that stuff. Then they take their pay checks and buy stuff. Then they have kids because they have money and have to send them to school where you are needed to teach them and get paid. I think the same people that make fun of cables and say they don't work are the same ones that said trickle down economics doesn't work. Could it be....?
By the way, Reagan owned a Sequerra Tuner.
Hello again. The only thing I will try to justify is the fact that it would cost a fortune to have 30 different musicians at one time in your house 365 days a year and ask them to play only two songs at a time then switch to something else. If the sound is breath taking and you can afford it, then the price is not as much of an issue. I do question the performance of such speakers as I have always had companies that produce products under $100,000 sound better than anything I have ever heard and I have listened to price no object equipment that tried to convince you they are awesome because they are expensive. Wow to the sucker that has more money than experience. (I didn't say brains because there are plenty of people much smarter than I who just don't get it).