Have you seen the new McIntosh poster for $195?

I guess if I was in college I might like this. It's really not so bad. If they sell them all it'll be $50,000 for this Company . But then you gotta spend a couple hundred dollars to frame it. But it's only $195 and it's limited to 250 copies maybe I can make a lot of money in the aftermarket I hope they haven't sold them all out at this point maybe they'll do other types of posters. I bet if  they charged more for it there would be more interest. It's just a quirky way things work. Maybe all the dealers will buy the posters. 

emergingsoul

Showing 6 responses by emergingsoul

I was able to pick up several and will now auction them off on eBay. The first one I put up on eBay is now up to $715.  I'm sure it'll go higher. I'm gonna make a killing.  Maybe I should've waited. But I have so many to sell. Maybe I'll keep them and offer them to my heirs. That'll keep them loving me till the very end.

They call it a light box. This is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in my entire life. The logo is huge on the front. I like subtle logos

Who is the brainchild that figured this out. So they're in a major big-time executive meeting and someone comes up with an idea . He says remember all those component cabinets we built for something we're no longer going to sell. Rather than dispose of them why not put a logo in the front of them and call them an empty box and sell them for $1500 . This person is now running Macintosh. 

@mtbiker29 

Love your basement set up especially the rack and especially the table. Was this from a tree you cut down? 

@sudnh

You need to distinguish between the McIntosh tube amplifiers and solid-state amplifiers. The tube amplifiers are where they shine. The reliability plus the performance is what makes mcintosh tube amplifiers very desirable. Solid-state amplifiers are comparable to most other solid-state amplifiers as most solid-state amplifiers are pretty reliable.

Plus the resale factor is a huge component of all this. Other amplifiers tend to be way overpriced as demonstrated in the used market where after two or three years you were lucky to get 40% of what you paid. And very difficult to get rid of most other brands.

@mtbiker29 

My guess is you're not posting this from A Federal prison so I would pick the second one.  I hope you have good estate planning because your family will have a tough time deciding who gets it. Probably a lot tougher to deal with than all your audio stuff regardless how wonderful it might be at that point. The thickness of that table is quite remarkable. I have a 160 your old oak tree in my backyard that should provide some lovely tables but maybe not in my lifetime.