Have you ever tried a pair of speakers and said this Is the last thing I will ever need.

Hi Audiogoners have you you ever had a local dealer that is so pashonet about audio. That they let you bring in your system for fun and try a $10 000speakers. And you have been to every other local dealers shows and listened to $400 000 and above systems. And then tried a pair of speakers and had so much synergy with your budget system and said omg. This blows all other systems I heard for a fraction of the cost of most others? And have been always happy with that pair of speakers and your system for the rest of your life?

Please share your experience"
128x128jakecanada
Sound Labs. Maybe my vintage pair won’t last as long as something newer and the newer ones will be compatible with lower powered amps, but I sonically, I can’t ask for anything more. They leave all my prior speakers and most others I have heard in the dust and it usually isn’t that close. I could upgrade all other components many times over and I don’t think the Sound Labs would ever be a weak link.
I’ve had multiple visitors who own more expensive speakers leave with jaws agape and more than one who said, "I’ve got to figure out how to get some Sound Labs." Cheers,
Spencer
Unless I move into a smaller room, I will keep my Monitor Audio PL500 II's. Not perfect, but boy do I enjoy them!
Yes, but it was a big DIY hornspeaker and that is the last thing I'll ever need. I have compared Gryphon Tridient II  to my horns, at The Gryphon sound like a small toy box. Even the mighty Beolab 90, falls short compared to 110db/w horns 😉
The Schlagermeister...building the horns...crossing them over...Schlagerella!!  Nice job
I home auditioned a pair of Ohm Walsh micro talls and was so impressed that I traded up to the Walsh 1000's.  They throw a great soundstage and give everything a sense of space between instruments that I never quite heard with other speakers.  I believe that John Strobeen has achieved sonic holography with his speakers.  If I had the cash, I would but a pair of the Walsh 5000's and a better amp and be done with it.  Amazing and fairly affordable!