Has anyone tried the new Synergistic Research UEF Performance Enhancer - Ethernet Filter?

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new (and expensive) Synergistic Research UEF Performance Enhancer - Ethernet Filter.  I find that some SR products such as their cable line are nicely effective while others..........well, maybe no so much.  According to SR these things run $300 each and plug into unused ethernet ports to "filter" ethernet signals.  Please weigh in here so I can ascertain whether they are worth a try.  Thank you.

rlawry

Showing 13 responses by fredrik222

@juanmanuelfangioii  lol. Says the guy who has not even had 1 post on topic. 

So high and mighty, but never used mirror.

@ozzy  Fact, you know how Ethernet actually works. Those pesky things. It is impossible for this to make any improvement at all. Ethernet does not work like this. Those are the facts. 

You are of course free to waste your money and convince yourself that you hear a difference. Not stopping you from that. 

Oh, wow. A new level of snake oil. 

let’s get this right, you plug a passive device into your switch, in a port that is not used, and now you less noise in the chain? What people will believe is absolutely astounding. 

@ozzy they do nothing. it's not possible for them to do anything. those are the facts.

@jerryg123 Since you are incapable of having a discussion that is remotely relevant or even comprehendible, it is best to ignore you.

@juanmanuelfangioii I know, right. People like yourself and @jerryg123  can't carry a conversation about anything!! 

@jerryg123 With Atheists you mean People Who Have Relevant Knowledge. 

Like you always do. 

But, you are of course right, it's more fun to watch completely uneducated and ignorant people imagine things. 

@ozzy what noise are you talking about then? If you want to understand what noise you are reducing, wouldn't a prerequisite be to understand what noise and how that impacts sounds quality?

@jerryg123  you really don't. Every thread where you are at you ask, and I post, and then you ignore.... 

But here goes again

Audiovector R3 Arrete

Classe Delta Pre

Classe Delta Stereo

NAD M50.2 

Kimber cables

Due some house projects I am currently running wireless for streaming and uploading new music. I have subscriptions to Qobuz, Amazon Music, and occasional I listen to some radio station using TuneIn. 

For networking equipment I use Check Point firewall, Juniper Networks switches and Extreme Networks Access Points (3 covering my house).

Plenty happy with the system, could use room treatment however. 

@jerryg123 no, he is saying he is hearing a difference, so I have no doubt about that. Is the speakers outputting something different? No they are not, it is physically impossible for these gizmos as you call them to change the output from the speaker. Hearing is an interpretation of the reality based on many many things.

these companies hate when you do a full spectrum analysis of the speaker output, but very few people do those types of reviews. 

@coralkong 

Maybe people who rather spend money on something that cannot physically work. Ethernet and the related protocols are literally designed to thwart any type of modification of this kind. 

I think all these Ethernet discussions are pretty mind blowing. People who argue for these devices and the companies, know nothing about Ethernet or how related protocols work, not a single person have demonstrated even basic knowledge. This is exactly what these companies count of, and why these companies harass people who perform objective tests, and refuse to have their products undergo any testing at all.

it is super simple, test the product by measuring the output from the speakers. If there is a difference, it will show there, but Uptone, SR and other absolutely refuse to submit their products to this type of testing. That alone, should tell you everything you need to know.