Has anyone here restored a Sony TTS 8000 platter or a similar strobed platter

I am putting together my TTS8000 for a plinth etc.

The electrics work perfectly well, but the aluminium parts f the platter look a tad oxidised - I assume that's coz I got it from a man in Hong Kong and I understand its hot and humid there.

I just want the thing to look great as well.

With that in mind have any of you restored a strobed platter successfully and if so - how?
lohanimal

Showing 2 responses by lohanimal

@br3098  What does float your boat and why? not that this was the main focus of my thread
@br3098 
Ur Spidey Sense may well be tingling, but it merely a question of perspective.
U clearly like to rumble in the jungle with the big bombastic 'sound' of a good idler - yes yes I'm sure the Home Depot lenco brigade are gonna be up in arms and quote Arthur Salvatore along the way and explain that I don't know what I am talking about and then there will be a minor storm on the forum (please forgive my drole writing)
All said and done you made a very good point 'each to their own'. I find that people become vehement supporters of a machine and drive type thereby dismissing all others.
Anyway back to the original topic:
1. I found the youtube search quite good - they were articles on the technics sl1200 deck.
2. I tried some of the methods - they didn't write 'cut the mustard'
3. I found a fine local polisher who has done the job brilliantly in the end for £20 per platter (BTW he did my JVC TT101 platter) - I bet u don't like the TT-101 either ;)