Has anyone heard the modified TRL/Sony DVP-NS900V

I was viewing a previous thread on this forum regarding the TRL modified Sony DVP-NS900V SACD player, but it is now gone. Has anyone had experience with this Sony SACD player?

hifying

Showing 8 responses by clio09

In addition to the CRL Silver, I'm also going to try my VH Audio Flavor 4 which has been great on my TRL Audio Mirror DAC.
I have heard the unit twice at Brian Kyle's house and have one coming to me that will have the battery power supply mod. This is an extremely musical player. It is well worth an audition especially since it is at no-risk with the TRL guarantee. I also own a TRL modified Audio Mirror DAC and Alesis ML9600 (used as a transport with the DAC) so my experience with TRL is credible.

Rlxl - curious, what review were of mine were you referring to?
Mine should be shipped this week. There have been a couple of new developments with the battery power modification over the last few weeks. I would suggest you speak to TRL to get accurate details. From my understanding the changes have a very positive impact on the player.
I have the battery powered TRL 900 coming to me. It is my intent to use a CRL Silver power cord on the player for the transport and digital stage. The battery power supply from what I have heard only applies to the analog (output) stage. I will use a Volex power cord for the battery supply since the only thing it will do is charge the battery. During playback the AC will be disconnected (although a switch will let you keep it connected if you want to trickle charge the battery).
The one that I heard at Brian Kyle's house was the very first one modified, the prototype made for the CES show. Since then the mod has been refined even further, to now include a battery supply option (additional cost). If the prototype sounds as musical as my ears told me it did, I can't wait to hear the latest version, which will be the one I am getting with the battery supply. I too would be happy to entertain anyone willing to travel to Santa Barbara, CA to hear the unit. If you're near me I could possibly travel to you so you can hear the unit in your system.
They are still working on mine. Hopefully it will be shipped this week. There are three or four of us initially who will be receiving this player that has the latest developmeents in the battery supply mod. According to Paul it is going to improve the performance significantly.