Has anyone heard in depth the TAD-1 loudspeaker .

I listen to all types of music,particularly modern classical works.My preferences are inner detailand dynamic contrasts.Most current speakers being marketed are overrated in that they can usually play very loud,but,lose something in the way of real upper mid resolution.Avalons are very good here as are the Kharmas.The Avalons are supposedly a bit light in volume/dynamics although a good room placement could solve this.The Kharmas are just flat out overpriced(having just raised prices an additional 20%.)I know that the TAD-1 is a pricey design but seems to be the real deal.
sirspeedy
No, I heard the TAD-1 speaker. Dr. Edgar and I heard the TAD-1 at CEDIA (I just happened to be there when he was there). I again heard it at CES. At CEDIA I had a chance to talk to Dr. Edgar after the demonstration. We both agreed that the speaker had incredibly lifelike dynamics. When I commented that it sounded a bit too metallic and hard, he said that he has tried all sorts of things to tame that quality in the beryllium drivers that TAD does sell (not the same drivers as in the TAD-1) but could not do so. He said that this was a bit frustrating because, aside from this quality, he really likes the beryllium drivers they do sell.

I hope I did not sound too negative about the speaker, because I think they have great promise. I hope to hear them in a different setup than the ones at CEDIA and CES.
I have had the TAD Model One on and off for the past two years and presently own a pair. Early demonstrations using the Model One revealed great potential. Latter demonstations using electronics configuations yeilding greater lower level resolution truely bring out the best. At present I us a Pass preamp, Pass X600s for the bass ( 100Hz.) The digital to analogue converter for 44.1k material is a Pacific Microsonics Model 1 and high res. material off the hard drive uses a Pacific Microsonics Model 2, or Benchmark, or Genex converters.
Tmfidelis,I am extremely interested in this design,and am considering them for the future(not soon though).Could you tell me how large your room is and if you think a 200 watt per ch. Rowland could be acceptable.

Do you bi-amp?What type of music do you play?What were some previous speakers you owned?What are the most appealing characteristics of the TAD sound?Imaging,etc.

Sorry for all the questions,but,getting feedback on this design,other than show reports,is tough!!

Also,currently I own an updated Avalon Ascent series 2,supported by a fabulously well inegrated REL STENTOR sub bass system.I have no complaints about this incredibley capable set-up,but will be moving in a couple of years and may morph into the TAD.I like the design,regarding massive dynamics along with the finite inner detail that I currently get.Any thoughts?

Thanks SO MUCH for your reply!!!