Has anybody tried the Reed 3P?

I own the Reed 2A and have the 'Magnetic Reed' on lone which I can buy. But I am also curious about the 3P as a possible next one.

Regards,
128x128nandric

Showing 2 responses by ct0517

I would like to learn some information about this Reed tonearm.

Lewn said

There are now data on the Reed website that are interpreted to mean that the Red Cedar, Pernambucco, and one other wood are the three best in terms of lowered resonance. I need to go back and look at the data again, but I do not recall that the woods were compared to alu or stainless steel. Would like to have seen such data. Nevertheless, since Vidimantas himself seems to have narrowed down his preferences, I kind of wonder why he continues to offer six different varieties

If I was a maker of tonearms (I’m not thank god) – one of my biggest fears and risks I think is – What type of platform is this crazy audiophile going to put my tonearm on ?

Nikola – does Vidmantas recommend a certain material type for the “plinth, platform or Armpod” ? What is the material your Reed Armpod is made of that holds your Reed tonearm ?

A question for current / previous owners - What differences in sound did you find comparing your Reed wooden arms on a wooden plinth/platform - compared to an Aluminum, SS, other material tonearm on the same surface ? I can take a guess but your actual impressions are appreciated.

I was on the Reed site last year. Can’t recall if the information was published on how this tonearm is treated to not be affected by changing temperature/humidity ? Or is this top secret, proprietary, rocket science stuff ?
Is this another bit of info you can get Nikola ?

Cheers Chris
Lew - I am considering a second arm for my Lenco which has an all wood plinth. Sorry for the typo.