Has anybody had experience with Jena Labs Haldi AES-EBU digital cable

I have in for review the Jena Labs Haldi AES-EBU digital cable and I'm unequivocally amazed at its performance. I have three other reference level digital cables (Black Cat - Combax Harmonic - Sablon) and did expect subtle differences with the Jena Labs Haldi. However, across the sonic spectrum - dynamics,  spatiality, purity of tonality, how it scales up on crescendos, and its transient speed is at a qualitative higher level.

Have any of you GON members heard this cable in your system? If not, I think you would want to.

Teajay (Terry London) 

johnah5

Hey markusthenaiment,

Jennifer sent me the Njord for review after I had received the outstanding and amazing Haldi cable. Totally agree, it's Freaking Amazing! I'll be writing reviews on both cables in the near future.

How does your Valkyrie compare to the Njord in your system. 

Thanks Teajay

Hi @teajay 

Thanks for following up with the question. Regarding the differences between the Valkyrie and the Njoyrd, I'd have to say the Njord is better. As it should be, for the very high price. The Valkyrie unseated my previous SPDIF cable, the wonderful sounding Cardas Clear. The Cardas is a superb cable and if I'd never heard anything from Jena Labs I'd be a happy camper. The Njord was better and the Valkyrie shares many of the qualities of the Njord.

Personally, I hate it that wires make a difference. I wish they didn't. I wish that every time I compared cables I couldn't hear a difference. But they do. More pedestrian wires will carry the signal. I don't know why they result in a sound that is smaller, less rich, nuanced and performance-transparent.

That's my experience.

How many audio equipment and accessories named after norse mythology are there in the world? Why are most of them North American?