Has anybody bought or heard a Chinese knock off amplifier?

There are a lot clones coming out of China and power amplifiers seem to be along for the ride.
Mark Levinson, Goldmund, and Accuphase are some of the big names I see replica’s being advertised for sale. These replica’s range in price from $500-$2000. My curiosity every time I see these always is do they even sound like the brand they are trying copy? Another thought that comes to my mind when I see them is, are they even safe or reliable. I myself wouldn’t touch one of these, but that’s me. Has anybody heard one? If so it would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding these amplifiers.
hiendmmoe

Mahgister: Although I am amazed with the in-depth knowledge of some of Audiogoners in engineering, physics and acoustics, reading what you have done for SQ as well as your possession of vast knowledge about history, math and science reminds me of one of the unique aspects of human mentality.  We at this point of time, living in USA/Canada as a middle class citizen, is already enjoying our life standard better than 80% of the rest of people in other parts of the world. In further reflecting human history, aren’t we now enjoying the benefit from so many great inventors who passed along to us,e.g. from light bulb, to electricity to cell phone to internet etc that will make any past emperor envy. If you, Mahgister, can produce SQ from $300 equal to that of $10,000, may be you have an idea how to further improve humanism, so each human being can pursue and enjoy his/her life in a self-satisfying way, instead of jealous, control, and destruction of others like what had happen so often in the history of mankind. Moses189

@mofojo    
No,  I don't think blatant copying is Okay,  but that isn't what is going on.  Look at the Dartzeel above.  Yes, it looks alot like a Dart,  but with or without volume control.  no balanced,  different boards (Chinese design).  Components inside are different,  However,  I bet it does sound quite good.  The others are the same.  The case on the Mark Levinson copies is a tiny thing,  could never be mistaken for the original.  
According to your post right above this one, Not sure we should be worried about a $300 copy of a $10,000 amplifier.  
Can someone please post links to these Chinese knockoffs. I have owned Xindak DAC 8 and their CD player. Both were okay, not great but okay for the price. I have also tried some Xindak cables. Same response. Japan started out making cheap, plastic goods and look at them now.
I was invited to dinner at a friends home some years back, while we was sitting in the family room eating  we looked over and seen a red glow in the room, then we started to smell plastic burning, the amps was on fire!
he had purchased the amp form a web site based out of china, baking soda should be stationed near EVERY CHINESE POWER AMP, and what he found out was the amps had NO UL -Underwriters Laboratories on the amps. buy American so your home don't burn down.