Has anybody bought or heard a Chinese knock off amplifier?

There are a lot clones coming out of China and power amplifiers seem to be along for the ride.
Mark Levinson, Goldmund, and Accuphase are some of the big names I see replica’s being advertised for sale. These replica’s range in price from $500-$2000. My curiosity every time I see these always is do they even sound like the brand they are trying copy? Another thought that comes to my mind when I see them is, are they even safe or reliable. I myself wouldn’t touch one of these, but that’s me. Has anybody heard one? If so it would be interesting to hear some opinions regarding these amplifiers.
hiendmmoe
cid194532 posts02-05-2021 4:46pmI’ve never heard of well known brands like Luxman or Accuphase knockoffs. Seems they would be easy to spot or the price would be the tipoff. The Chinese are making some excellent amps at very good prices. Their designs look old school and nostalgic.
The price is always the 'tip-off', but only when new. After the piece reaches the secondary market, all bets are off. This is when unscrupulous resellers crank up the selling price to that level at which an unknowing buyer can't believe his 'good fortune'.

I have a pair of Meixing Ming Da MC 3000A mono blocks with a Audio Experience A2-SE preamp and they sound outstanding.
glupson, "I am not defending piracy of any kind,"
That's my position. 

madavid0 " They chose to charge absurd, wild markups and content themselves with super high profit"
There must be several threads where OOB/consolidated manufacturers are listed. With "super high profits" they would not have closed. Not one person in my family has a stereo. In school everyone had a system, today only one friend does and that because I practically gave it to him. Sales volumes are down and large sales may be the only way to stay in business. I don't think it's working.
Raul