Harbeth & VAC combo

Hello,
Has anyone listened to the VAC 160 Sigma with either Harbeth C7es3 or P3esr?
I am looking for something with a bit more power that's a great match for the Harbeths. Right now, I am considering Leben CS600 (which I've auditioned).

Thank you!

adrianob
I lived with a pair of Harbeth C7 for about a year using a Rogue Cronus Magnum 2 amp.  From my experience tube amps seem a bit slow for the Harbeth.  I would go for a SS amp, something like a LFD, Naim, Sudgen, Hegel or Exposure.  All great matches for Harbeth.  I haven't listen to the VAC but I did have a chance to listen to the Leben and I will say that the Leben CS600 sounds very good with Harbeth speakers.  With that said, I still would personally would go with a SS amp.  Although, I did not end up upgrading my C7s and selling them, I was very close to getting a pair of SHL5+  and the Hegel H360 amp.  Good luck!
I used a Rogue Cronus Magnum with Harbeth SHL5+ and did not like the pairing at all. As a result of that experience, I swore off using Harbeth with tubes....until some Agon members encouraged me to give tubes another go.

I recently switched from a high powered solid state amp to an Air Tight ATM-2, which is based on the KT 88 tube like the VAC Sigma.

This is a tube amp that mates incredibly well with Harbeth.
I have Naim amplification now and might be able to listen to Sugden soon. I've never bought anything used (or know anything about buying used)and a new VAC is more than I intend to spend.
Since you predominantly listen to vocals and small ensemble, the better tube amps might do a better job than your current Naim. I do not have experience with Sugden but have read about their smooth and warm sounding signature.

Which Naim amp do you own? Nycjlee gave some good recommendations on solid-state amplification for the Harbeth. LFD, Naim and Exposure are more on dynamics (I have experience with LFD and Naim). As for the Hegel and Sugden, my impression is these are smoother and darker sounding amps, less dynamic and fireworks. Best is to listen and decide for yourself.

FWIW I chose Naim separates (NAC 282, Hicap DR and NAP 250 DR) to match with the Harbeth SHL5 Plus as the Naims are able to deliver the pace, rhythm and dynamic swings in the music very well with the Harbeth. Ditto the LFD and Exposure (the LFD has a slight tube-like glow despite being solid-state). If you want more sweetness or tube-like warmth or glow in vocals, there will be other amplifiers, especially tube amps that may be better than the Naims or any solid-state amp for that matter, though there might be a slight compromise in areas of speed and dynamics. The Harbeth may sound slow and uninspiring with certain solid-state amps such as Rega and Plinius.

As usual, the above are my experience based on my system and preferences. YMMV.
Ryder,

I do not have a dedicated amplifier since I wanted to keep my system as simple as possible. Currently, I'm using Naim Unitilite and assume that a good dedicated  amp will be a step up. It's a 50wpc.
The Ulite will go to my wife's system (with P3esr) and I'll find something good for no more than 6k.