Gruve Glide

Does anybody know exactly what this stuff is made of ? I just picked up a Vpi HW16.5 machine and a can of the Gruve Glide. This has shown some amazing results to my old collection. But the Gruv Glide smells like silicone. I was wondering if there was a generic product that would be less than $26 a can.
scottht
Gruve Glide has done wonders for my LP's for over ten years now. As the above posts say, the static loss is worth the money alone, but after cleanig with VPI and then applying Gruve Glide I always notice a slight reduction in background noise as well.
BTW there actually was a slight revision of the product about eight or nine years ago.( Not sure what was changed) It was originally called Gruve Glide and now the newer version is Gruve Glide 11.
The newer version is what I have been using primarily, and it is a little better than the original IMHO.
Posts in the Vinyl forum at audioasylum.com indicate that Gruv Glide is basically the same product as Static Guard - a common household product available at a fraction of the price. Haven't tried it myself - my can of Griv Glide is still holding out.
Stevecham,

I had that happen once when I used too much. I now use the smallest amount that I can with a single spray. I figure that I treat perhaps 4-500 albums with one can.
Is it OK to use this product without vacuum cleaning? Music Direct suggets vacuuming first then Gruv-Glide. I do not have a vacuum machine, any other ideas?