Grounding cable gauge size

For those of you using external grounding source devices, units such as Entreq, Nordost, Synergistic, etc. What size wire gauge seems to work the best?

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Showing 1 response by clive101

@pedroeb

You could try

Plug In RF Router UK | System Grounding | Russ Andrews Accessories Ltd

There is also a European version.

More reading on grounding

Layout 1 (russandrews.com)

I have met the owner of Puritan ( Mike ) many times really nice guy and honest, great products.

In UK, the "plug in" version does not seem to be supplied so why I have posted a link to Russ Andrews who make other products.

I tried an earth wire 10 mm one wire connected to a Power supply for a DAC then in to a ground rod as an experiment FOR A FEW MINUTES ONLY.

DO NOT CONEECT ANY OF your equipment to a ground rod without a RF router of some type.

Grounding - Safety Fundamentals (1hr:13min:19sec) - YouTube

Moving on.

Grounding my system with one wire via a ground rod as above made a pleasant surprise, bass improved and treble less harsh so went all in for a full blown system with 2 x 3 meter ground rods 21 metres apart with 16 mm earth cable.

One rod measured 18 ohms two rods 10 ohms.

PeakTech 2700 - Digital Earth Resistance Tester, Dual Illumination LCD Display and 2 Earth Rods, Earth Resistance, AC/DC, TÜV/GS, Data Hold, Auto Power Off, Automatic Zero Adjustment - Cat III 1000 V : Amazon.co.uk: Business, Industry & Science

I must admit there was not much more improvement with the full blown version that ended up being quite expensive various cables and all equipment connected.

My advice is try a ground rod with one wire before you purchase a RF Router.

Hope the above helps......