Great Vintage Amps-which one for you?

Hi, I'm 21 and I do have a passion for vintage amplifiers. There gems that are built like tanks with excellent components and the sound to die for. Too bad they don't make like this anymore. My favorite ones are most all vintage Pioneer, Nikko Alpha and NA Series (I have a Nikko NA-690 Integrated Amplifier), and Sansui AU Series. Anybody here have the passion for vintage gear?
Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64
The D-79 series amplifiers from Audio Research were perhaps the pinnacle of "any" amp that company has ever made! The D-150.. in their day was at the edge of the art as far as high powered tube amps go,however...that said...they are the equivalent of the older MAC stuff sonically... with a soft, lumpy and bloated bass and a rolled off top end. Musical in a way- but pretty mediocre by todays standards in vacuum tube design. The later D-115 was a great amp with some serious balls that stomped it in every which way,and would certainly qualify as a true classic that can still compete sonically with much of the esoteric modern stuff of today.Destined to become a collectors item like the D-79b and rightly so! The original Grant Lumley 100m's also come to mind as well as the original 8417 version of the Quicksilver monos.Anybody remember the Radford st-25, or the Beard st-35's from Enland? both of them make magic!If you can get by with 35 watts/side the Beard amp can compete with just about anything out there regardless of price.
There are many I would like to hear again in the context of what I know now. My list : AEA A-620, Sony Esprit and AudioLab, Citation XX, Ampzilla (I own one, a son too), Infinity Switching amp with the cool blue lights, and the Kenwood mono blocks LM-07 i think is the model. I've heard some awesome music with these amps and some great older speakers which I would like to hear also: Fried W's, Mission 770's (awesome bass definition), Dahlquist DQ-10's, Hill Plasmatronics (what 10 grand used to buy), stacked Advents, ESS Transar's and AMT-1D's,.........
hi, I own a few luxman amps which I think are awesome.I think they are a bargain for what prices they fetch on ebay, Craig.
Frankly, the Hafler kit built amps were tough to beat. Mine lasted over 20 years in my system. I gave it to my music starved brother who's using it now. The differences between it and my brand new Odyssey were slight.

Hammer