Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer: Worthwhile or No

Does putting a tube buffer into a solid state system actually improve the output, or is it all just hyped up the emporer has no clothes syndrome?

There's a Grant Fidelity B-283 tube buffer for sale here and I'm thinking about it. I have an Adcom GFA 535 amp, a Morrison pre amp and an Arcam CD75 CD player.

Opinions?

Thanks.
masswineguy
Duhhh? No Audio peddler here--that I know of anyway-ha!--

All I see is a retired old audiophool!

Ah well Mr GF sorry I called it as I heard it--

Over and out

Des
I own both the 283 for my office system, and the 283 MKII for my main system. I absolutely love them both. It made a huge difference in my office system, and smoothed out my main system just enough for me to not feel the need to go to tube amps or pre. I rolled in some super cryoed Mullards for the MKII, which I feel are a nice improvement over stock. Though I will try the treasure tubes soon.

IMHO, for the small amount of money invested...I think trying them is a no-brainer.

Mot
I've been looking at the MK2 version but your post has me wondering which would be better for my system (note: first system!). I'm running mac mini (uncompressed files)through usb-DAC into Roksan Kandy Ka-1 integrated powering pair of Quad 22L2. Always liked the tube sound but the Quad's demand their power....so have been on the fence between buffer and full tube preamp to smooth out the SS. Thanks for any suggestions.
I was also interested in a tube buffer to smooth out SS sound and tried the Yaquin 1 tube buffer. I liked what I heard and the buffer convinced me to dip further into the tube world and get a Mapletree Preamp. I'm really happy with this and certainly recommend that approach. For a few $ you can find out if tubes in the system would do anything for you. If so, you have the choice of stopping there with a buffer or go further and ad atube preamp. I find the tube preamp (with CJ SS power amp) to provide a level of musical satisfaction that has had me listening to my system for many months now with no further desire to futz or change anything.
Wow, hard to imagine getting to a place where I wouldn't was to fuss with it...but step in the right direction, thanks!