Granite Bases for Vandersteen speakers

I had granite bases made made for my Quatros  on Richards recommendation they weigh 120 lbs 
The bases tightened up the bass mover it down even lower ,focused the midrange and add more depth to the soundstage you can check out the picture in virtual systems

Enjoy the Music
Tom
128x128tomstruck

Showing 6 responses by tomic601

Movement in the vertical plane would be the definition of wave launch smearing, best to study up on things not understood.
Confirm with quick call Vandy bases built up w 11 pc Granite and proprietary adhesive. 
Tom - You and JohnnyR could test the theory w pair of VLR signature on a couple of the HRS isolation bases w springs.... 

have fun, experimenting:-) 
Constrained layer damping between layers of granite = yes. Note your Quattro cabinet with a cabinet is constructed this way already.
springs, springs, springs wrong answer for a hyper coherent, time aligned, phase correct Vandersteen. Pretty much every other speaker, yes. 

thanks Tom....I am pondering them for the 7’s. Helmut Brinkmann of turntable fame was the first to try granite under his 7’s at the Munich show I believe. Most Brinkmann components come w granite bases.