Goodbye Everyone

Rather than just disappear, I'd like to say thanks to everyone who gave me help, taught me stuff, the many friendly members.

Elliott

elliottbnewcombjr

Showing 2 responses by mahler123

It’s nice to get some feedback, especially after one has put some time into a thoughtful post, but no one is required to respond, of course.  What amuses me about many OPs are the ones that ask for help, get responses, and without addressing any of them in their second post announce that they bought component X.  They must have created the thread 5 minutes before they hit buy on the purchasing site.  They probably didn’t want feedback but by creating the post hopefully created some clarity for their decision 

The phenomenon of making a thoughtful and time consuming post and not getting any feedback is discouraging.  There are just so many posts, however, and while I tend to read most of them I don’t have time to respond to all.  One useful feature of a site like Facebook is the like button, which at least tells the post writer that someone may have read and appreciated the effort.