Good Speakers with Pass XA30.5 Power Amp?

I'm currently using a Pass XA30.5 power amp (with Pass XP-10 preamp) to drive a pair of PSB Synchrony One. Cabling is all Wireworld Equinox 7 and room is about 12'(W) x 24'(L) x 12'(H) with speakers firing down the long dimension - although I can only sit about 7' from the plane of the speakers. I find the sound somewhat laid-back, i.e., lacking in liveliness and I'm constantly fussing over the sound of the system. I listen at very moderate levels to a wide variety of music, but typically jazz (vocals), classical and choral music - with the occasional reggae and pop fare.

It's been suggested to me that the combination of the Pass XA30.5 and Synchrony One may not be a good match so I'm soliciting suggestions for speakers that should work better with the Pass amp - i.e., a more lively presentation. I'd prefer full-range speakers at least the equal of the Synchrony One in resolution and frequency extension. My budget is less than $4k used.
partialresponse
erik_squires

how far do I bring out the speakers into my room? Distance from back wall?
Side walls?  Happy Listening!
As far as you can!! :)

Point is to get away from all the reflections and just listen to the speakers themselves. This will give you an audible delta, especially in terms of imaging, and mid-treble.
First, do my 2' listening test.

Bring the speakers out into the room and sit about 2' away. This will reveal the actual tonality of the speakers. The difference between that and your normal experience is room acoustics.
Excellent idea. I'd never have thought of doing that. I'll give it a try. Thanks!