good, small speakers

hi folks,

i'm currently looking to replace my ages-old spica sc's. my problem is that i live in a tiny nyc studio, so i need small speakers that aren't so fussy about placement. my current hardware is a linn classik (again, space is serious consideration -- did i mention "tiny studio?").

i loved the old pyramid met 7's; does anyone have experience with the new met 7.7 mk v's? how about the linn katans (the top end of size considerations) or kans? any other suggestions for small speakers which'll work well with the classik? price isn't as much of a consideration as size and forgiving limited placement options.

thanks,

rob
nrk62
Call Joshua at Ears Nova and talk to him about the Penaudio Charisma/Chara system or the Rebel 2, which can also be mated with the Chara woofer. Reviews available on www.stereotimes.com and www.onhifi.com.
just picked up a pair of totem model 1 signatures mini's and they're terrific. they're small but deliver on the sound bigtime. very transparent, and very detailed. plus, they are actually better being closer to the back wall for bass response. and they look great.
The jm reynaud's twins are a great small room speaker. I have them set up in my bedroom where I can't afford perfect placement and they are very forgiving. I also live in a small studio and the bass from these speakers is present, but not so much my neighbors have noticed. They're definately worth a listen.
Soliloquy Sat-5's. They don't care where they are placed. Also, with no ports, they easily go into a bookshelf or against a wall. They will crush Spica's performance in every which way except maybe imaging. Also, you may find that Spicas are extremely inefficient. You system will get much louder and tighter with new speakers.
I agree that the Totem Model 1 Signatures are very good, but I slightly prefer the ProAc Tablette Reference 8 Signatures. Incredibly good, and incredibly small. However, if utter disregard for placement (or placement in a very hostile situation - like in a bookshelf, with no space to the sides or the rear), the only speaker that I have found that seems to excel in this situation is the Induction Dynamics S2's. From what I could hear, they are almost indifferent to placement issues, and sound very, very good (though if placement were not so much of an issue, I'd still go with the ProAc's, which aren't too picky).