Good Pre-Amps For McIntosh

Any suggestions for a "synergistic" combination between McIntosh MC 601 monoblocks? I have some pre-amp problems and am thinking of replacing the pre-amp.

Stick with a McIntosh pre-amp? Go with something else? Tube or solid-state? The input impedance on the 601's is 22K. Speakers are Revels Ultima Salon 2's with a pair of Rel Subs.

Thanks.

PS
If you hate McIntosh there's really no need to post. Heck, I already know that I'm an uncultured idiot who can't hear real sound and wasted my money etc. I originally wanted the Levinson 53's, but they were out of my range. 

Ag insider logo xs@2xnab2
I was using a C47 with my MC452 and it didn’t sound bad by no means but I felt I was missing something. It seemed a bit lean to my ears. I now have a C2300 and absolutely love it. I like that it has no DAC or anything other then the analog inputs I have a Simaudio 380D DSD that handles the digital side and streaming. I think the Tube pre and SS amp or amps in your case is the ultimate set up. I prefer the matching Pre-amp and amp. Good luck!
I have a C220 McIntosh pre amp in conjunction with a pair of MC501 amps.  The drive a 4 ohm load, 3.6 Maggie’s and the sound is amazing.

It would be my guess that the same reasonably priced pre amp would have great synergy with your 601s.  And if it doesn’t’ work for you, you can always get your money back as the C220 holds its value.    One is worth more now than when I bought it a number of years ago.  A win - win proposition.

Good Luck in your journey!
I’m in love with McIntosh C2600, but I will switch back to C2200 if someone buys the C2600, thou. 😁
The second sentence of my post should read "even though my ears are going" - that: they are getting worse.