Good Amp with totem model 1s?

I am starting a system with some model 1's but I cannot seem to find an amp that I like that is in my price range. I am willing to spend around $1200 if i have to but i rather it around 1000. I do not know alot about tubes but i am open to them, if it has enough to push the totems.
macd
Tubes could sound great with the Totem Model 1, mitigating the harshness of the SEAS metal tweeters.

Personally, I think you want to go with more efficient Totem lines like Rainmaker and Sttaf for tube amps. They (tube amps) are like Victoria Secret models to me, fun to look at but not fun to live with. I like solid state better, cheaper to own, cheaper to operate, and depreciate much slower. But again, it's only my $0.02

Your local Totem dealer are your best bet to determine for you the good tube amps that could drive your Model 1 well.

Welcome to Totem club...
My TAD 60 does wonderful things with my Mani-2s even though it's underpowered for them. I bet it would be a perfect combination with the model 1.

The TAD 60 comes up for sale used now and then for $750-800 and is a bargain at that price.

I'll also second the recommendation of a Rel sub - integrates perfectly with Totems.
the best match I have heard for the Model 1 is the Conrad Johnson CAV 50 tube amplifier. This is the combination I own and I have yet to find a better match for the Model 1. you can find used CAV 50 on audiogon for your target price range. I had mine here for some 1400$ a few years ago and never looked back.
Totem 1's & Mani 2's like PLENTY of power. Which usually rules out tube power amps or integrateds.

I take it you're talking about $1200 for an Integrated? Not that you can spend that much for a power amp, & then more for a pre-amp? If so the the classe CAP 151 integrated used could be a good idea, or used Plinius.

I like the McCormack DNA-1 idea, if you have the $$ to buy that, & also spend, I dunno $1000-$1800 on a nice used pre-amp.
Symphonic Line is a good match. You may be able to find an older RGIII (c. mid-1990s) that fits your budget.