Golden ear Technology reference

Has anybody heard or does anybody own the Golden Ear Technology Reference speaker that retails for $8500.00
per pair?  Would like to hear your insights and opinions.
Thank you.
128x128kjl1065
You’re welcome, @ozzy

See my edit in my previous post regarding the radiator grills.

In answer to your question, yes, the grills (all) are on and the base is attached when boxed new.
I currently own Triton Reference speakers paired with PS Audio electronics and Transparent Audio cables. Previously, I owned Triton Ones and sampled them with 6 different quality integrated amps and three DAC’s, and I have really come to love the Triton sound and ease of use. The Triton Reference has a larger soundstage than the One with greater imaging and the best controlled bass I’ve personally heard from a loudspeaker. The midrange and treble are very precise and natural without being fatiguing.

I do prefer the sound of quality tube amps with these speakers and currently have Tungsram PCC88 tubes in my BHK pre-amp and amp. It sounds amazing with the Reference. These speakers are ultra efficient, and I would love to hear them with a quality SET tube amp.

The bass control is a huge bonus for matching the speakers to different sized rooms, plus I also use my reference system as a two channel home theatre so it’s nice to be able to turn the dial up for a more dynamic movie experience. Needless to say I’m a fan of the Reference. I haven’t heard a better speaker at this price point and they are easy to set up.

The biggest problem I’ve had with the Tritons is gear upgrading. Every time I buy a better DAC or amp, it reveals more detail and nuance with these speakers. That’s how I ended up with separates that retail for $24K and $8.5K speakers!

Hopefully you find this review helpful.

I can understand the differences heard by owners and auditioners. My main system speaker has had 100s of reviews by owners/users over the past 25+ years deriding them as awful to lauding them as fantastic bargains. They are the Legacy Focus speakers. One way to make them sound awful is putting them in too small a room. Another way to make them sound terrible is NOT feeding them with a high current amplifier, tube or ss as they are a somewhat difficult load despite their high efficiency.

I hope that the Triton(s) are available to hear at least once at the LA/Orange Audio show in June so that I can at least sample them.
david_ten - They are good speakers, but did not move or impress me (and I factored out the room, setup, and gear used).
Hi David. You and I are typically "on the same page" with most things audio, so I'll preface my reply by stating I'm not looking or wanting any kind of debate. This is all in good spirit.

To your point/statement, I'd just like to humbly submit that "factoring out" all of the items you mentioned is no easy task.

I can't do that, but remain happy for you that you can.

fleschler - I hope that the Triton(s) are available to hear at least once at the LA/Orange Audio show in June so that I can at least sample them.
I'll keep the hope alive that you can hear them. Best!