Going linear - The Luxman 507ux

No one panic, but I just picked up the last Luxman 507ux in the US. About 110w/ch with power meters. 😀

Ill compare them directly with my Class Ds at home. 
erik_squires

Showing 2 responses by ericsch

@erik_squires I purchased a 505uX from the same dealer. I like it very much with my Harbeth SHL 5 Plus Anniversary speakers.
I listen at moderate levels, never above 80dB. At these levels, I find that I prefer the "loudness" feature engaged. I am familiar with the concept, in my office system, my Mac C-26 has a loudness control.

Taking into account that these are very different amps, I'm wondering how you use the loudness control. I think you have mentioned that you live in an apartment. I find that I have to turn the volume up quite loud to get the same effect as with the loudness engaged.
Thanks.
Eric   
@erik_squires Yes. I thought you might like the loudness button. It really fills out the presentation even at moderate levels. I think the remote is fine, I've certainly seen worse. I'm guessing the remote that came with my 505UX is the same as yours because my remote has buttons that are not applicable to my integrated. I have a mono button, but the amp doesn't do mono. I wish it did. Â