Girlfriends and wifes, how do YOU cope?

I would be very interested in finding out how one manages to justify (or sneak in the home) expensive audio equipment without having to sell your soul to the Devil? It's quite a challenge for many of us I think. I heard of someone buying a Bel Canto DAC and telling his girlfriend that " Oh it's just a $ 100.00 power conditionner", or whatever. Seem like we need to get creative here if we can pursue this crazy hobby much longer! Regards All...
ampman66
Stay out of debt, always make sure you have more money than her (so you can stick it to her how much more responsible you are than her) and keep seperate bank accounts. Then go out and buy what ever the hell you want. Remember to hide your gold. Happy listening.
I'm the wife and I was interested in stereo equipment before I met my husband.

Don't date or marry someone who isn't interested in stereo equipment and music, no matter how good she is in bed.

Make comparisons based on the music your wife or girlfriend likes to show her the differences in equipment.

Cboyles,
Don't date or marry someone who isn't interested in stereo equipment and music, no matter how good she is in bed.

Really? WOW!

Regards,
Sam
Divorce worked for me. A symptom of other issues I am sure, however listening to music at all in the living area would induce territorial marking by my wife and step daughter until they would run you one way or another. Sureal experincing two people morhp into the same self-centered characters as those on the crap reality TV they watched constantly. ( literally multiple repeat episodes of OC houswives etc.) I know I am being a bit of a downer to some. But hey its 4th of July, and I am free at last!!
Do they have TV limit clauses in prenuptial agreements?