Getting and keeping records clean................

Hello,

I have my turntable on the way and my vinyl collection growing weekly. I am thinking I will need to get a record cleaning machine to enjoy vinyl to its full potential. What RCM are recommended by you? Is it possible to clean records by hand effectively? I wonder if I can clean my collection by hand now with disc doctor or similar and brushes? I plan on getting a record cleaning machine but it will probably take a little while before I can swing the dough for one. Any help would be greatly appreciated such as which cleaning solution to use and brushes and their source. Thanks again.
nicksgem10s
I finally took the advice of the experts & bought a new VPI 16.5 RCM this afternoon from my local VPI dealer. He showed me how to use it properly & tomorrow I should be cleaning some of my collection & putting the records in new clean sleeves. I am really looking forward to hearing them once properly cleaned. Thanks for the help as always.
Congragulations on your new RCM the VPI 16.5. I think that most everyone on this site owns one or did at one time. I also put my vinyl into rice paper sleeves after cleaning, another expense but the way I figure it is that it comes in direct contact with the grooves should be static free.
You will get years of enjoyment out of your cleaner.
Happy Listening
I wanted to buy a Nitty Gritty Record Doctor for my first record cleaner but I can't find any one that sells them now. Does any one know where I can find one thanks.
Got my Record Doctor at Audio Advisor a long time ago. Record Doctors' were made by Nitty Gritty, pretty much identical to their higher end model minus the wood paneling for 1/2 the cost. Just chk'd real quick and while AA still sells NG, it seems like there's NO RD's still available.