Garrard 301 PSU 120V 60Hz vs 220V 50Hz

Hello,

I am rebuilding a garrard 301 with Ray at CTC. I am considering Shindo Platter and bearing. I am thinking of PSU power supply by Garrard vs CTC PSU 
Is there a benefit to the PSU?
Which is better?
If yes, should I keep 220V 50Hz or 120V 60Hz. 
I read that higher voltage will get more power out of the motor but also engages a lot of eddy brake. If not a major difference, I will go with 120V 60Hz as I live in USA.

Thanks
Nanda
kanchi647
Nanda, my friend, Ray at CTC/Classic HiFi is the best man to answer your question. I can tell you this-with Ray's PSU the eddy brake must be disabled. This is part and parcel as to why Ray offers the PSU in the first place. The PSU allows the user to control the speed of the induction motor/idler/platter rim interface electronically rather than by applying varying amounts of resistance via the eddy brake. In theory and hopefully in practice the PSU smooths the motor by eliminating the physical resistance of the eddy brake and by supplying a better electrical feed more suited to the induction motor. 
As to the 220/50 vs. 120/60, I think you are referring to the fact that you can convert a 220 model to US use with a different idler wheel. This is not ideal. But again, I suggest you ask Ray.