GaN based SU-R1000 Technics Integrated Class-D, review by TAS

After their unobtainable and unaffordable ground breaking 1.5mhz switching speed, Technics SE-R1 GaN Class-D power amp, this new offspring integrated has finally gotten an in depth review.

I had high hopes for Technics "fully optioned" SU-R1000 integrated, "looks" like my hopes could be founded, here is the The Absolute Sound’s 7 page!!! review on it, enjoy.
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/technics-su-r1000-integrated-amplifier?mc_cid=2c9d21110f&a...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi

Showing 1 response by scott22

georgehifi  Plus 1 

I own the baby technics  SUG 700 integrated amp I picked up on here at a steep discount thank you very much to the seller. My only gripe I wish it had more power but really not needed in my system.
 The SUG700 is beautiful to look at and listen to at a fraction of the cost of its big brother, but with a few of the same features. I'm don't spin records so I could give a rats patoot about the phono stage but I do listen to headphones and my Focal's sounds great thru this amp.
What I've said before on here Technic's customer service sucks, actually it's nonexistent as far as I am concerned period amen. You see you can't speak to a person, hell you can't contact a person at Technics give it a try. Why do I say this the email address and phone numbers in their manual do not work. I called Panasonic the same deal no people answer just recording telling you to leave a message which is ignored.  So  I randomly calling variations of phone numbers listed and  I got some guy at his desk and he gave me an email address at Technics  I wrote to it and never got a response. Hell I was only looking for information about the SUG 700, I sure hope this unit never breaks! 
I might also add their marketing sucks as well as evident in the limited reviews available on the SUG 700.