GaN based SU-R1000 Technics Integrated Class-D, review by TAS

After their unobtainable and unaffordable ground breaking 1.5mhz switching speed, Technics SE-R1 GaN Class-D power amp, this new offspring integrated has finally gotten an in depth review.

I had high hopes for Technics "fully optioned" SU-R1000 integrated, "looks" like my hopes could be founded, here is the The Absolute Sound’s 7 page!!! review on it, enjoy.
https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/technics-su-r1000-integrated-amplifier?mc_cid=2c9d21110f&a...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi

Showing 1 response by djones51

I’m not sure there are many who want a straight wire with gain. In recent years a number of small manufacturers and a few large have been building amplifiers with distortion and noise so low it’s inaudible to humans which is as close to a straight wire with gain as you can get. Mostly these amps are considered boring and sterile. Personally it’s what I prefer but i know a lot of people don’t. There’s nothing right or wrong in any preference but to modify a "straight wire with gain" to sound similar to amplifiers whose distortion is audible isn’t a neutral amplifier. If you take 2 amplifiers that are neutral that measure beyond human hearing then they will sound the same. I’ve never heard this Technic amp but it appears to be one I would like though I know I can get cheaper "straight wires with gain".