Fyne Audio F502 or Sonus Faber Sonetto V

Hi people, seeking opinions from you all that have exposure to these speakers/product lines. 

My current setup is a pair of Dali Oberon 7s, driven by Parasound A23 power and HiFi Rose RS 250 Streamer/Pre-amp. Why I got the Dali’s in the first place - warm, big, natural with amazing vocals. It lacks in fine detail, sound stage compared to others I have listed to, and doesn’t perform as well in low volume listening, which I find myself doing a fair bit. Note: the DAC in the Rose streamer really added a lot of detail to the top end. But I still want more! It’s great, but its not breathtaking and that is what I want. 

Option 1: My local deal is offering me $1250 for trade in value for the Dali floorstanders, leaving $3750 + Tax for the Sonetto Vs.  

Option 2: Local seller offering used Fyne Audio 502s for about 2K. I don’t see getting more than $1000-$1100 selling towers on Audiogon or eBay. 

Im also mildly consider the next step up in Dali’s line - the Opticon 6 Mk2 (2K), In which case I will just use the Oberon 7 towers for rear HT duty. 

TYIA! 

mullster

Showing 1 response by soix

If these Joseph Audio speakers are still available they’d give you what you’re looking for and save you some good $$$.  They completely disappear and throw off a deeeep 3D soundstage like few other speakers, and they have lots of detail/air but present it in a very natural way.  Definitely worth a look IMHO given what you’re looking for, but if they don’t work out you can turn around and sell them for little/no loss so very low risk. Best of luck. 
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650003701-joseph-audio-speakers-rm22xl/