Furman Elite 15 PFi - just purchased 3-2023

So I've spent well over a year reading and listening to info on power conditioners, both pro and con. Looked at all brands from $1K to around $3K. As my entire system is around $25-30K, I figured that was a reasonable range for one. I don't have a dedicated AC line, I checked into it, but it would have been expensive for my home.

I was using an old (circa 2000) Monster Cable power solution for all my components except for my Luxman 590AXII which was plugged into the wall. I had upgraded all my AC power cables to the $150-200 range, but I can't say upgrading the cables did much for me. 

The Furman Elite 15 PFi however has made a positive difference in sound. I now have everything plugged into the Furman (it has an outlet for power amps). So what do I hear? Well, it's more like what I don't hear.

I can't exactly describe what it did, but music just seems a bit clearer, there's a little more defined space around the instruments. Maybe like a layer of grunge has been removed? Less electrical noise? And yes, I've read/heard that doesn't make sense. However, what I hear, or don't hear, is similar to the difference I heard going from a low end DAC ($1K) to a mid-tier one ($6K range). So I know there is something real happening.

I wanted to share what I found. You guys can debate it. I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything, or dissuade those that say conditioners don't do anything. I am just reporting on my experience and journey.

Hope it helps others. 

128x128deadhead1000

Showing 1 response by corelli

Refreshing to read your post. No one can refute what one hears in ones own system. Just a factual account of what you heard. Sometimes we get buried in theoretical opinions as to why something can or can’t sound good. Thanks for sharing your experience.