Full range speakers with small footprint?

I've decided to sell my Vandersteen 2Ce's because they are too big (or visually imposing) for my living room and my planned dedicated listening room is not going to happen very soon. Can anyone recommend a floor standing speaker with a smaller footprint that is capable of producing some bass? They would be driven by Quicksilver amps, 60 wpc.

Thanks for your ideas, Jeff.
jrb25
Hi,
I have a pair in the cherry and love them.They give you the imaging of a monitor and bass of a floorstander. I drive them with a Sophia Electric KT 88 in an 18x21 room.
There is a pair listed on Audiogon at an excellent price.
Good luck,
Art
Itsalldark, I stand corrected on Fidelios and watts. Thank you very much indeed. Maybe I can see my way to a pair a bit sooner now. BTW the Cary V12 is a very strong-shouldered piece of gear. I heard it driving Quad 988s a few years ago. I liked it a lot. Very firm control, and very musical.
At 2500, a pair of used Merlin VSMs of a bit older vintage should be easily attainable and after talking to Bobby at Merlin, you can home in a model that can be upgraded to current or near current status when you have the $$. You will get an easy to drive, high resolution product that matches up very well with 60-80 tube watts.